Monday, March 01, 2010

On blogging

Though never what you'd call a regular updater, I've blogged for the better part of the last decade. In all that time, I never wrote about anything beyond a simple recap of my day or a poorly executed and partially guarded transcript of my thoughts. True, for much of the last decade I was a teenager; and like many teenagers, I was great at exuberance, terrible at expression. The fact that my personal blog(s) was a wasteland of inconsequential musings and inarticulate ramblings shouldn't be much of a surprise.

As I get older, though, it'd be nice to have somewhere to write and, on occasion, receive some amount of feedback. Consider it Blog 2.0. Or, to better account for the number of personal blogs I've actually started and abandoned over the years, Blog 4.0. And this is its manifesto. It will be a better organized and properly filtered repository for my brain droppings. Be it reflections of the more quotidian variety, slightly more thoughtful insights, or small writing samples, this blog will have a place for all of them.

The nature of it being a blog means it's publicly accessible, so of course this is, in many ways, meant for you. But it will always firstly, and in many more diverse ways, be for me. It's a selfish declaration, but one we all implicitly make when publishing anything to the internet in the form of a blog. So hopefully what you read here will be of some merit to you, able to provide a laugh, a smirk, a scoff, a momentary distraction. But even if it doesn't, it does provide something for me -- a laugh, a smirk, a scoff, a momentary distraction.

A voice.

So please, listen for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment